For a really long time, anytime someone would ask me what’s on my bucket list, I would just say I wanted to travel and see the world. When in reality, that stuff is on my list, but that’s not the only thing. I don’t know why I was ashamed of my list but I think it’s just because I felt like I was “doing it wrong” because of what was on my list. I don’t feel this way anymore and I embrace the quirkiness in which I am.
These are not in order…
1. Visit London/England. (See above map) This has been a dream of mine since I was a young child. I have had a love affair with that country for as long as I can remember.
2. Spend an actual Groundhog’s Day in Punxsutawney, PA and see Phil do his thing. This is my FAVORITE silly holiday and I celebrate it every year. I got this cute beanie baby years ago and every year I take his picture with his prediction.
For 2021 I also made Groundhog Cupcakes to celebrate. We only live 6ish hours away but the drive in the winter is not something Michael is willing to do. One of these years I will get him to agree to it.
3. Meet Kermit the Frog. As much as I adore Elmo, Kermit is my favorite muppet and I would give my left leg to meet him in person. He’s just so sweet and I love him so much!
This was taken in 2019 at Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World. Rainbow Connection was the ringtone on my phone for a really long time.
4. Seeing a real Broadway Show ON Broadway. We are lucky to have Shea’s theater in downtown Buffalo that gets a lot of great shows and we love to go (I saw The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular when I was 8 months pregnant. That was the best show and sits behind The Lion King- that I’ve seen twice!)
5. Get a Tour of Disney Animation Studio. I don’t actually think this is something you can do for real but I would love to do it anyway! So many amazing things have been made here and I would give a lot to just walk through this building.
6. Visit every State Park in the country and climb at least one mountain there. This was taken in 2017 when we climbed Mount Jo in the Adirondack Mountains in New York State. It was a tough climb but we did it. We actually got to see the solar eclipse from the top of the mountain and that was amazing. I would love to travel the country, hiking up mountains.
7. This one has almost come true a couple times! I want to get a hug from a real Sloth! Mid way through New York State there is a place you can do it but it’s extremely expensive. The Buffalo Zoo got a sloth not too long ago and they opened up times for encounters (for an amazing price!) and they sold out so fast! So it’s going to happen at some point… I just need to keep a watch on their website.
So really… that’s about it for me. If I was to find out I had a year to live, this is the stuff I would be checking off my list. Do you have any silly things on your list like me? Or are you normal? Hehe