Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have had a great week and you enjoy the weekend. It’s been a busy week for me as I am adjusting to working full time in the office again (after 9 months of hybrid home and office). So today’s Friday Five is going to be a quick post about my Top 5 Favorite Songs.
Music plays an important role in my life and I relate so many songs to special moments in my life but also painful ones as well. I touched upon this earlier in the week with my Memory Keeping post. Each one of these songs has a reason for being on this list.
- God Only Knows by the Beach Boys: This song is my all-time favorite song in the world. It just really speaks to me and encompasses everything about me and how I feel about those I love.
- Here, There, and Everywhere by the Beatles: A few years ago I learned that it was inspired by God Only Knows by the Beach Boys and it made complete sense on why I am drawn to it. I think it sums up everything about my relationship with Michael and I will never tire of hearing it.
- Baby Mine by Alison Krauss: Better known as the song from Disney’s Dumbo. I briefly mentioned at the beginning of the week about my fertility struggles and when I was extremely lucky to be pregnant with Shawn, I would sing this song to him in my belly. After he was born I would rock and sing him to sleep.
- You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney: This was Michael and I’s wedding song and I don’t think it needs much more of an explanation. We have been together and a couple from our first date and honestly only a couple weeks into knowing each other. There truly is no other song that fit us like this one.
- I Saw God Today by George Strait: Back to my fertility struggles and a song that was telling me that it was all going to be ok and is in God’s hands.\
So what’s your favorite song(s)? Do you have a reason for it being your favorite? Let me know because I am always interested in hearing about other people’s favorites songs.