Yesterday I shared our “Once Upon a Disney Dinner” that featured Lady & the Tramp as our inspiration. If you missed that post, please click HERE. Since we had an Italian themed meal to go along with our family movie, I whipped up some Cannoli Cones. Now I know that these aren’t the “real deal” but they are close enough and so much easier to make. Plus, they taste just as good. Promise!
15oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese (drained)
10 Sugar Cones
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
1/8 t. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (Reserve some for garnish)
2 oz. Melting Chocolate (for the rim of the cones)
Make sure your ricotta cheese is strained for at least 4 hours but overnight is best. If you don’t do this step, the filling will be too soft and mushy.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and dip each cone and allow to cool and harden.
- Pour the heavy cream into a mixing bowl and whipped until stiff peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend well.
- Fold in the whipped cream and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips into the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Transfer into a piping bag and fill the cones.
- Garnish the top with the remaining chocolate chips