With summer vacation approaching quickly (thankfully!) I am reminded of a million things that I want to do. I’m typically a “do something every weekend” kind of person and unfortunately, my family is not. However, we still do quite a few things because while I love to be home, I also love to get out and experience things.
So here is a list of 5 things that I am planning on doing this summer…
1. See Above Picture: Crafting. I love to create stuff and back when the weather was yucky in May I went crazy with the craft supplies and projects. However, as the weather got better and we started outdoor projects, these supplies have been sitting on my kitchen table. It’s all the stuff to make various fairy houses and garden stuff. I plan on getting back to it all over the summer when I need something low key to work on.
2. Hiking! I crave being outdoors and one of our favorite things to do is go hiking and exploring the outdoors. One of my coworkers keeps telling me about some places nearby that he’s been going to and I can’t wait to check them out too.
3. My friend Eloise and I are planning on a girls trip to somewhere. We don’t have everything planned yet but we have a date and know we are headed somewhere fun.
4. This goal is silly and yet fun at the same time. I have a goal to visit as many artesian ice cream shops as possible in Buffalo. We live within walking distance to Lake Effect Ice Cream and there are so many more that I would love to experience. I don’t know how many we will get to visit but I am hoping it’s quite a few.
5. This one is going to be so contradictory to all the other things on this list but I want to slow down more. I am a go-go-go person and I love being busy and doing things but I do know that I (we) need some time to chill out and relax. Sit on the porch and read a book while it rains. Snuggle on the couch and watch tv. It doesn’t matter what it is, we just need to stay home and chill.
So what are your plans for the summer? Have anything fun planned? Going somewhere? Staying home?